- Do not wear protective clothing
- Do not read and follow instructions on the pesticide containers/bottles
- Do not store pesticides in original containers. This can lead to mistakes, such as formalin being mistaken for water if stored in a water bottle
- Store pesticide in their living room and breathe in the chemicals
- Use empty pesticide containers later on for food or water
- Throw containers into water (streams, lakes, dams)
This has poisoned farmers, communities and their livestock. Symptoms of intoxication are diarrhoea, vomiting, high temperature, headaches, dizziness, itching, sore eyes, “burned” skin, and, in the long term, cancer.